[governance] Online Education Issues on IGF 2017

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 10:25:18 EDT 2017

Dear Andrey,

Thanks for sharing that concern with us here. I just had a quick look at
the current accepted workshop proposals as well those who are still on the
waiting list, and i cannot see any of them dealing specifically with online
education. I hope other colleagues here will agree with that as well. If
this is true, then it is worth discussing.

The list can be found here:
http://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2017-workshop-selection-results

However, I would like to know if your institution (the National Research
University Higher School of Economics)  submitted a proposal in that
regards and that it was rejected. Or is there any member here who (or know
someone who did) submitted something in that sense and it was rejected.

Please do let us know about this.

My suggestion is that if there were a number of session proposals dealing
with online education that were submitted but rejected, the IGC can fomally
write to the IGF Secretariat and the MAG and ask for explanations. As a
civil society group, i believe we should be concerned about this issue.

Best regards,
Arsene

------------------------
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <http://www.smart-serv.info>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967
GPG: 523644A0
*Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo*

2015 Mandela Washington Felllow
<http://tungali.blogspot.com/2015/06/selected-for-2015-mandela-washington.html>
(YALI) - ISOC Ambassador (IGF Brazil
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/igf-ambassadors-programme/Past-Ambassadors>
& Mexico
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/Current-Ambassadors>)
- AFRISIG 2016 <http://afrisig.org/afrisig-2016/class-of-2016/> - Blogger
<http://tungali.blogspot.com> - ICANN Fellow (Los Angeles
<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-07-18-en> & Marrakech
<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/marrakech55-attendees-2016-03-14-en>
). AFRINIC Fellow (Mauritius
<http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1907-afrinic-25-fellowship-winners>)*
- *IGFSA Member <http://www.igfsa.org/> - Internet Governance - Internet
Freedom.

Check the *2016 State of Internet Freedom in DRC* report (English
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=234>) and (French
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=242>)