[governance] Launch of IGF Academy's Transfer Guide. Using strategies to create or enhance sustainable national IG structures

ljp at irights.info ljp at irights.info
Mon Jun 12 07:51:56 EDT 2017

Dear all,
apologies for cross-posting.
The IGF Academy just released a Transfer Guide with diverse strategies
for everyone interested in creating or enhancing sustainable
national/regional IG structures: from stakeholder mapping to SWOT
analysis, funding and communication strategies. You can download the
templates for your own personal use in the link given below.

Regards,
Lorena

--
Lorena Jaume-Palasi
Founder IGF Academy | igf.academy

***IGF Academy releases “IGF Academy Transfer Guide: Sharing Learning
and Experience” to help create national Internet governance
structures***

Berlin, Colombo, Johannesburg, June 12th, 2017
Do you plan to establish Internet governance processes in your
country, or do you want to enhance existing ones? They can be
extremely helpful for strengthening multi-stakeholder cooperation and
developing joint positions between government, businesses, civil
society and others on how to manage Internet resources in your
country. To give everyone involved a head start, IGF Academy has
released the Transfer Guide, a toolkit that can be used by new IGF
National and Regional Initiatives (NRIs).
The Transfer Guide shares insights into the work done by the IGF
Academy Fellows from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Congo (Brazzaville), Myanmar,
Namibia, South Africa, Sri Lanka and Togo, and makes the good practice
experiences available to a wider public.
Download the IGF Academy Transfer Guide (10 MB) here:
http://igf.academy/wp-content/uploads/IGF_transfer_guide_final.pdf
The Transfer Guide outlines first strategic steps to create new NRIs
and explains organisational tools such as stakeholder mapping, SWOT
analysis, communication and funding strategies, as well as roadmaps.
It combines the experiences and challenges of IGF Academy Fellows in
creating Internet governance structures in their countries with the
strategies they have developed to deal with these issues.
IGF Academy partners with APC and LIRNEasia in providing support to 16
fellows from Africa and Asia for building or enhancing their nation’s
IG infrastructures.
“The first year of the IGF Academy has pushed forward political
engagement and Internet governance discussions in all our partner
countries. We are happy to share our insights and offer these
experiences to enhance new NRIs globally”, Matthias Spielkamp, IGF
Academy founder, explains.

“The Transfer Guide offers a range of strategy tools to start up
Internet governance dialogue and offers an honest perspective on the
status quo for the upcoming national IGFs engaged in the IGF Academy.
2016 has been a rich experience in creating new IG initiatives and we
are happy to continue our cooperation in 2017”, adds Lorena
Jaume-Palasí, IGF Academy founder.
The IGF Academy Toolkit is published under a Creative Commons license.
Please feel free to copy, use, distribute and build upon this
material. IGF Academy is funded by the German Federal Ministry for
Economic Cooperation and Development, ICANN and CIMA.
The IGF Academy will hold online meetings with the fellows as well as
provide webinars to assist them with the development of their strategy
roadmaps until the upcoming global IGF. It will support all fellows to
attend the IGF, to be held in Geneva, Switzerland, and will organise a
meeting on-site prior to the global IGF to prepare the fellows to
participate in the forum.

Download the IGF Academy Transfer Guide (10 MB) here:
http://igf.academy/wp-content/uploads/IGF_transfer_guide_final.pdf
For more information about the IGF Academy go to: http://igf.academy/

***About IGF Academy***
IGF Academy was initiated by iRights in March 2016. It aims to foster
freedom of  expression on the Internet and inclusive and transparent
national Internet governance and policy processes. Fellows from four
African and four Asian countries will be supported in the creation
and/or consolidation of multistakeholder, national Internet governance
structures.

The IGF Academy is run by iRights in cooperation with APC and
LIRNEasia and funded by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation
and Development.

***About iRights***
iRights is a non-governmental organisation based in Berlin. Consisting
of iRights e.V., a charitable non-profit, and the independent think
tank iRights.international, we have been active at the intersection of
digitisation and society for more than ten years. Since 2005 we have
been running the iRights.info online platform, one of Germany’s
premier resources for information and discussions on copyright,
privacy, media freedom and Internet governance issues. We develop
joint projects and provide research and consultancy for a wide range
of stakeholders: foundations and other NGOs, government and public
entities, private companies, academic institutions and individuals.
Our mission: To harness theopportunities of digitisation for the
promotion of democracy and the public good. Our approach: We offer our
expertise and create spaces for the cooperative development of
practical outcomes and solutions.

For inquiries regarding IGF Academy please email office at igf.academy