[governance] Beyond Access data: Research ICT Africa (RIA) ICT household surveys in 2017

Akinremi Peter Taiwo compsoftnet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 07:08:18 EST 2017

Hi Helani,

  Is the job open for international applicants?

Best

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 12:37 AM, Helani Galpaya <helani at lirneasia.net>
wrote:

> Let me add to Chennai's email below.
> We (LIRNEasia) are in particular interested in finding researchers who
> have expertise in working in Cambodia, understand the ICT sector and
> policy/regulatory situation in the country (inclusive of the IG situation),
> and who speak local languages.
> Please contact info at lirneasia.net addressed to me (Helani) and the
> heading "Beyond Access Survey".
> Thanks and regards,
> Helani
>
> Helani Galpaya
> LIRNEasia
> www.lirneasia.net
> +94 77 3600 766 (m-LK); +44 7415 865222 (m-UK)
>

> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 7:57 AM, Chenai Chair <
> cchair at researchictafrica.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Although this is Africa specific it might be helpful for anyone looking
>> out for evidence on internet access and use indicators in the region.
>>
>> RIA, a non-profit think tank focused on building evidence for ICT policy
>> and regulation, will be resuming the Household and Individual ICT access
>> and use survey again in January 2017 after a funding interregnum.   This
>> round includes, nine African countries (Kenya, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria,
>> Rwanda, Tanzania, Mozambique, South Africa and Lesotho). The surveys are
>> part of a global initiative on producing much needed quality data on ICT
>> access and use in the global south. RIA will also co-ordinate the surveys
>> with their sister networks LIRNEasia in four Asian countries (India,
>> Pakistan, Bangladesh and Cambodia) and DIRSI in five Latin American (Peru,
>> Guatemala, Colombia, Argentina and Chile).
>>
>> There are several opportunities for research topics for PhD, Masters or
>> post-doc students from these surveys. Any students who would like to
>> collaborate on this either through the data gathering and data analysis
>> process or just wish to work independently with the dataset once it
>> available, can *contact admin at researchICTafrica.net
>> <admin at researchICTafrica.net>.*
>>
>> Further information on research areas can be found here:
>> http://www.researchictafrica.net/home.php?h=199
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Chenai
>>

>> Chenai Chair
>> Researcher &
>> Communications & Evaluation Advisor
>> Research ICT Africa
>> Unit 409, Old Castle Brewery
>> 6 Beach Road
>> Woodstock, Cape Town, 7925
>> South Africa
>> T: +27 71 447 6332 <+27%2071%20447%206332>
>> f:www.facebook.com/researchICTafrica.ne
>> <http://www.facebook.com/researchICTafrica.net>t
>> t: @RIAnetwork
>>
>> See www.researchICTafrica.net for most recent policy research papers

>>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

*Akinremi Peter Taiwo*
[ West Africa Coordinator ]
Pan African Civil Society on Information Society (*ACSIS*)
*Website: *www.acsis-scasi.org

*E*xecutive Consultant.
[ Compsoftnet Enterprise ]
Nigeria

*T*echnical Consultant
[ RetailPoint ]
Lagos
Website: www.retailpos.com.ng

*W*eb Master
[ Internet Governance Caucus ]
Website: www.igcaucus.org

*Phone:* +2347-0638-30177, +2348-1874-76292
*twitter:* @compsoftnet
*Skype:* akinremi.peter
*Office:*  Off old Ota Road, Alagbado,Lagos

* Quote: *If you do not trust yourself, how can you trust others.
 *Quote:* People speaks from their perspective, does it mean they are right?