[governance] WEBCAST TODAY: The Next Three Billion – Initiatives to Bring the Whole World Online

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Mon Feb 13 11:45:13 EST 2017

Aaagh, I reposted the old url! Try this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOtt7Rl1ShA
​Also I will restream later today
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/next3billion​
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/next3billion%E2%80%8B>

​You may wonder, why such a fuss? Wait until you see it!​

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 3:04 AM, Joly MacFie <joly at punkcast.com> wrote:

>> ​Immediately following the webcast, the video was muted, no doubt because
> of YouTube ContentID picking up on some unlicensed music. The infringing
> material has now evidently been expurgated,​ and
>> ​a fixed video is no
> w posted at https://youtu.be/Dz9YNJkh9R4
>
> * <https://youtu.be/pOtt7Rl1ShA>*Since it is tagged CC-BY, I plan to run
> it out on the ISOC Livestream later in the week,​ https://livestream.com/
> internetsociety
>
> On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 7:37 AM, Joly MacFie <joly at punkcast.com> wrote:
>
>> Unlike NYC, where Thursday has been essentially canceled, snow will be
>> light in DC so this looks like a go. Along with the regulars noted below,
>> there will be reps from Google, Microsoft, & Facebook. A great 'state of
>> connectivity' event.
>> ​​
>>
>> joly posted: "Today, Thursday February 9 2017 the Open Technology
>> Institute will host a half-day forum The Next Three Billion - Initiatives
>> to Bring the Whole World Online in Washington DC. More than four billion
>> people are as yet unconnected around the world. To addre"
>>

>> [image: Open Technology Institute] <https://www.newamerica.org/oti/>Today,
>> *Thursday February 9 2017* the* Open Technology Institute
>> <https://www.newamerica.org/oti/>* will host a half-day forum *The Next
>> Three Billion - Initiatives to Bring the Whole World Onlin*e
>> <https://www.newamerica.org/oti/events/next-three-billion/> in
>> Washington DC. More than four billion people are as yet unconnected around
>> the world. To address the challenge of getting three out of four of them
>> online, one panel will examine “moon shot” global innovations, and another,
>> local community-based networking strategies. Speakers include *Manu
>> Bhardwaj*, *Megan Smith*, *Chris Yoo*, *Steve Song*, and *Robert Pepper*.
>> The event will be webcast live on the *New America YouTube Channel
>> <https://youtu.be/Dz9YNJkh9R4>*.
>>

>> * What: The Next Three Billion - Initiatives to Bring the Whole World
>> Online <https://www.newamerica.org/oti/events/next-three-billion/> Where:
>> Washington DC When: Thursday February 9 2017 10:00-14:00 EST | 15:00-19:00
>> UTC Agenda: https://www.newamerica.org/oti/events/next-three-billion/
>> <https://www.newamerica.org/oti/events/next-three-billion/> Webcast:
>> https://youtu.be/Dz9YNJkh9R4 <https://youtu.be/Dz9YNJkh9R4> Twitter: t.b.a.
>> maybe #next3billion
>> <https://twitter.com/hashtag/next3billion?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash>*
>>

>> Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8956#respond>    See all comments
>> <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8956#comments>

>> http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8956
>>

>> --
>> Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 <(218)%20565-9365> Skype:punkcast
>> -

> Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 <(218)%20565-9365> Skype:punkcast
> -

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
-