[governance] [Internet Policy] Serious Matters for ISOC

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at riseup.net
Fri Feb 3 00:34:08 EST 2017

Dear Olivier,

many thanks for your answer. Independent, that i have no clear
understanding, what is going on in Cameroon, based on some principles i
can say:

The ISOC as a Internet Society is oriented to the people. How the people
organised her society and in what form, is her decision. Based on this
principle i ask for a membership in ISOC.

My experience with "war of sessession" anywhere on our planet is, that
this results from violence state apparatus. And not from the people. For
me, the people in any region itself have the right to decide, in what
form of society they want to live. And all other have to accept it.

In any situation the people need the interconnection to exchange her
information, to understand the situation, to find a way to solve any
conflicts, if that exist. And over bigger distances they need the
telecommunication.

Never i saw any etnical conflict. Always i see external groups and
forces they use ethnical, cultural differences to create a conflict. And
mostly to create the control and access of the natural resources in this
specific region.

And for ISOC? I think, we have to understand the "Core Values", the
basic principles of ISOC. And this need the open space for our
reflection and discussion. Also in this situation. Therefore, i thank
you all very much for your contribution in this discussion.

many greetings, willi