[governance] Sustainability, access, & democracy

Michael Oghia mike.oghia at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 10:58:06 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Following up on my articles last week on e-waste recycling
<https://newsroomnomad.com/addressing-lebanons-waste-problem-starting-smartphones/>
in Lebanon and about aviation and what the Internet governance community
can do to reduce our carbon emissions
<http://www.circleid.com/posts/20170815_aviation_the_dirty_not_so_little_secret_of_internet_governance/>,
I am very happy to share my latest article:* Internet access,
sustainability, and citizen participation: Electricity as a prerequisite
for democracy? *published by openDemocracy:

https://www.opendemocracy.net/hri/michael-j-oghia/internet-access-sustainability-and-citizen-participation-electricity-as-prerequisite

This is especially relevant to anyone working within civil society on
access and digital rights. Many thanks to Marianne Franklin, the Human
Rights and the Internet (HRI) editor at openDemocracy for her support.

Best,
-Michael

Michael J. Oghia
Independent #netgov consultant & editor