[governance] Infographic: 63 years of privacy case law (India)

Chinmayi Arun chinmayiarun at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 14:18:43 EDT 2017

Dear All,

You may already have heard that the right to privacy was recently
questioned before the Indian Supreme Court. The judges will soon rule on
whether it exists and how far it stretches.

In preparation for the judgment, we have put together this infographic
<https://ccgnludelhi.wordpress.com/2017/08/13/h/> based on our dataset of
Supreme Court cases that have upheld the right to privacy over the last 63
years. This is to illustrate how rich our privacy jurisprudence has been
over these decades.

We have a detailed note on the background of the case here
<https://ccgnludelhi.wordpress.com/2017/07/18/sc-constitution-bench-on-aadhaar-and-the-fundamental-right-to-privacy-day-1/>.
Our blog <https://ccgnludelhi.wordpress.com/> also summarises the arguments
made during the hearings. Our comments on the questions being asked and the
challenge before the Supreme Court are available here
<http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/a-judgment-for-the-ages/article19409905.ece>
.

We welcome your feedback and any questions that you might have about the
dataset. Please do circulate the infographic to anyone who might be
interested in it.

Best,

Chinmayi and Smitha

 PS: The attachments were too heavy for these mailing lists but we will be
happy to share the infographic with you in pdf and high definition formats
if you write to us.