[governance] IGC workshop proposal for the IGF2017: Speakers needed!

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 07:44:14 EDT 2017

Dear all,

As promised, we are now working to put together a workshop proposal
for the upcoming IGF happening in December in Geneva. We have come up
with a theme: “Cyber Security - Balancing security, Openness and
Privacy”, we are developping some suggested content to submit to the
IGF Secretariat.

I will be sharing more details about this soon but wanted to start
checking for speakers from the IGC. If you plan to be at the IGF and
would like to speak on this topic, please do reach out to me so that I
can provide more on next steps. I am particularly calling on some of
our veterans here, those who have been with us for so long.

Please note that we don't have enough time left, so please try to
think if you have some great insights to share with regards to this
topic and reach out.

Best regards,
Arsene
------------------------
**Arsène Tungali**
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <http://www.smart-serv.info>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967
GPG: 523644A0
*Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo*

2015 Mandela Washington Felllow
<http://tungali.blogspot.com/2015/06/selected-for-2015-mandela-washington.html>
(YALI) - ISOC Ambassador (IGF Brazil
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/igf-ambassadors-programme/Past-Ambassadors>
& Mexico
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/Current-Ambassadors>)
- AFRISIG 2016 <http://afrisig.org/afrisig-2016/class-of-2016/> - Blogger
<http://tungali.blogspot.com> - ICANN Fellow (Los Angeles
<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-07-18-en> & Marrakech
<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/marrakech55-attendees-2016-03-14-en>
). AFRINIC Fellow (Mauritius
<http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1907-afrinic-25-fellowship-winners>)*
- *IGFSA Member <http://www.igfsa.org/> - Internet Governance - Internet
Freedom.

Check the 2016 State of Internet Freedom in DRC report
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=234>