[governance] ISOC-NY joins coalition of groups supporting the completion of the IANA Transition - hearing is Weds

Jane Coffin coffin at isoc.org
Thu Sep 22 17:00:03 EDT 2016

I seriously doubt Collins is going to cave.

Internet Society | www.internetsociety.org

Skype:  janercoffin

Mobile/WhatsApp:  +1.202.247.8429

On 9/22/16, 10:52 PM, "governance-request at lists.igcaucus.org on behalf of John Levine" <governance-request at lists.igcaucus.org on behalf of icggov at johnlevine.com> wrote:

    >  Please remember that this is still to be discussed on the floor, and there’s always a chance
    >  for amendments and/or an interesting US Congress maneuver known as a “filibuster"

    Not going to happen, the Republicans are already complaining that the
    Dems are keeping them in session so the Reps can't go home and
    campaign for their imperilled seats.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Cruz tries a floor amendment, but I don't
    see how it's going to succeed on the floor if it already failed in
    committee.

    R's,
    John