[governance] ISOC-NY joins coalition of groups supporting the completion of the IANA Transition - hearing is Weds

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Thu Sep 22 14:19:40 EDT 2016

Folks -

  Not definitive by any means, but quite encouraging – the committee draft for a short-term
  Continuing Resolution for US Government Funding that going to the Senate floor does _not_
  presently include the proposed prohibition on IANA transition…

  http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/297260-cruz-internet-fight-not-in-spending-bill <http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/297260-cruz-internet-fight-not-in-spending-bill>

  Please remember that this is still to be discussed on the floor, and there’s always a chance
  for amendments and/or an interesting US Congress maneuver known as a “filibuster"

/John

p.s. my views alone