[governance] IGC Rep to CSCG: closing nominations

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 03:13:17 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Apologize, i will not be able to translate this message to Spanish this time. The last time i tried Google translate, i was alerted that i misused a word which would have brought some confusion :)

This is to all our colleagues here, including those who cannot speak or communicate in English. As you have noted, myself don't have English as my primary language but i am doing my best to better communicate and at least to convey a message.

I think we have discussed the language issue in the past, though there was no consensus, but i do recall quite all of us agreed that we should adopt and use English for all communication on the list. This is to avoid for some colleagues to feel neglected or discriminated when no one is replying to their emails (especially when using another language other than English).

Back to the point here, i am really sorry for our colleagues Jose and Felix for the language barrier that doesn't allow me to better serve you. Thank you Renata and Sylvia for helping me here sometimes.

The process for this nomination and the vote were clearly presented: nominations were received on the list in the form of a statement of interest (SOI), answering to the questions. If someone is nominated by another one, they were requested to accept the nomination to the list and share their SOI. If this is not done this way, i am sorry but we couldn't considered it.

I hope this will help somehow in the future and i do encourage our colleagues who only speak Spanish to try and translate their messages to English to allow us to properly adress it or reply to it.

If there is any better way to this, i am open as always.

And please remember, we have 1 more day to vote because vote closes on Sept 14th.

Regards,

Arsène Tungali,
@arsenebaguma
+243 993810967