[governance] BRICS

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Sun Oct 16 15:50:55 EDT 2016

Here are the two paras. for IG from the BRICS Summit.

66. The increasing misuse of ICTs for terrorist purposes poses a threat to international peace and security. We emphasise the need to enhance international cooperation against terrorist and criminal misuse of ICTs and reaffirm the general approach laid in the eThekwini, Fortaleza and Ufa declarations in this regard. We reaffirm the key role of the UN in addressing the issues related to the security in the use of ICTs. We will continue to work together for the adoption of the rules, norms and principles of responsible behaviour of States,includingthrough the process of UNGGE. We recognise that the states have the leading role to ensure stability and security in the use of ICTs.
67. We advocate also for an open, non-fragmented and secure Internet, and reaffirm that the Internet is a global resource and that States should participate on an equal footing in its evolution and functioning,taking into account the need to involve relevant stakeholders in their respective roles and responsibilities.

http://mea.gov.in/bilateral-documents.htm?dtl/27491/Goa_Declaration_at_8th_BRICS_Summit