[governance] Urgent: Few announcements before the CS MAG 2017 Nomination process

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 23:47:21 EST 2016

Dear all,

Please read this carefully, there are some important updates. This is an
unusual situation, so hope I will be clear enough when trying to explain it:

1.       Both Analia and myself (Arsene) will be nominating ourselves for
the Civil Society MAG 2017 position. In that sense, since we are both IGC
Co-coordinators, we cannot oversee the nomination process on the IGC list;
we need to recuse ourselves for a short period of time to allow a fair,
transparent selection process.

That’s why we have contacted *Mrs. Deidre Williams *(former IGC
Co-coordinator) to support us during this period until the selection
process is concluded (up to 10 days). This means Deidre will be temporarily
IGC Coordinator.

2.       The CSCG (Civil Society Coordination Group, where IGC is a member)
has decided to temporarily (until we gather more details and make an
appropriate decision) to remove *Mr. Wisdom Donkor* (current 2nd IGC Rep on
CSCG) from the Civil Society (CS) selection discussions given that we found
out that he is representing the Government in the current MAG.

In that sense, since he cannot represent both CS and Government at the same
time and to avoid any possible conflict of interest, he will not represent
IGC on the CSCG for now. We will start discussing his case within the IGC
after we have gathered more information for an appropriate decision. *Until
then, Deidre Williams will be our 2nd IGC Representative on the CSCG.*

We welcome Deidre (again) and leave it to her to conduct the consultations
and quick start the nomination process.

Should you have any question or need any clarification on the above, please
do not hesitate to come back to me.

Arsene
------------------------
**Arsène Tungali**
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <http://www.smart-serv.info>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967