[governance] IGF 2016 Opening/Closing ceremony: Civil Society Speakers

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 10:27:25 EST 2016

Dear colleagues,

I would like to inform you that the CSCG has been reviewing names put
forward for nomination within different Civil Society (CS) groups. The task
was to select only two names to be sent to CS MAG representatives as
candidates for speaking roles at the upcoming IGF 2016 in Mexico.

The time was very short and I would like to thank those who submitted their
names (through various lists) and to let you know that we did our best in
coming up with a consensus on the names to recommend:

Here are the two names that received most votes within the CSCG:

*1. Paulina GUTIERREZ (Mexico) - Head of Digital & Human Rights Program at
Article 19 Mexico.*
*2. Anita Gurmurthy (India) - Executive Director of IT for Change*

Two other names didn't get the needed votes and may serve as alternates in
the event any of the two are having issues to attend or if CS MAG Reps are
willing to discuss their candidacy:

*1. Luca Belli*
*2. Marilia Manciel*

I want to make it clear that final DECISION will be taken by our Civil
Society represenatives on the MAG. I will share more details when we have
heard back from them.

Should you have any question on the process, do not hesitate to contact
either Wisdom or myself who represent the IGC in the CSCG.

Best regards,
Arsene
------------------------
**Arsène Tungali**
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <http://www.smart-serv.info>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967