[governance] CSCG Submission to the IGF Retreat, MAG Renewal, etc

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:43:09 EDT 2016

Dear all,

At the CSCG (where Wisdom and myself represent the IGC), we have been
putting together a statement (see attached) which is a submission on
the IGF Retreat proceedings, we also touch a bit on the 2017 MAG
Renewal process and the need to increase transparency in the process.

There were discussions during the last MAG virtual meeting about the
need for more clarity, transparency during the process (such as to
make public the names of nominations received, atleast for civil
society reps) but it seems like no consensus was reached about how
transparent the selection process needs to be. We made a suggestion in
this statement and we welcome you to send us any comment you might
have on this.

This statement will (hopefully) be published here:
http://www.intgovforum.org/review/igf-retreat-proceedings-ideas-and-suggestions/

Best regrads,
Arsene Tungali,
IGC Co-coordinator

------------------------
**Arsène Tungali**
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <http://www.smart-serv.info>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967