[governance] IGF Planning Retreat

Chris Prince Udochukwu Njoku udochukwu.njoku at unn.edu.ng
Fri May 27 16:41:23 EDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

Norbert hit the point. Paragraph 4 of CSCG Procedures for Civil Society
Appointments says:
" 2. CSCG will not be involved in any appointments of CS representatives if
more than 35% of its coalition members determine not to be involved in the
process, or where the number with a clear determination to be involved does
not exceed those expressing a wish not to be involved. (Others may have a
neutral or undecided stance) Where coalition members choose not to be
involved and a decision to proceed is made, their decision to do so will be
announced (if they so wish) as part of any announcement of chosen
representatives. The decision to be involved or not is the primary
responsibility of each constituency."
(http://internetgov-cs.org/ <http://internetgov-cs.org/procedures>
procedures)

To save precious time and energy, I think it's necessary to call for votes
right here for and against responding to the present request for CS reps.
35% of 5 (if "coalition members" means the coalitions that make up CSCG at
present) is 1.75.  So we need objection from only 2 coalition members plus
one neutral member (or 3 against?) to quit the process.

Enough of much grammar on this. That's my view.

Best,

CPU

Sent from Magnum 7X smartphone