[governance] Brazil works on 8 internet censorship laws - Re: Brazil approves 8 internet censorhip laws

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 15:35:55 EDT 2016

Dear

Changed the subject, for clarification

As for a quick summary (also the main points as I, a teacher - not a
lawyer, see it)

Given the current political turmoil in Brazil, a group of
representatives from moderate right spectrum have managed to finalize
a report for the approval of bills encapsulating censorship
provisions. If unopposed, these laws will go the floor of the houses
and may be approved. All efforts need to be made to signal CS
opposition to these proposed bills.

All the best

Renata