[governance] Blogpost: Alternative "Best Practices" for the A4AI (to be renamed Alliance for an Accessible Internet)

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Sun Mar 27 05:24:27 EDT 2016

If A4AI is not doing a good job, probably those with concerns can get into
the alliance and reform it, or create a parallel entity that will perform
according to their wishes.

The global south will only benefit if any criticism on effort that helps
drive policy towards universal access is followed by tangible but better
alternatives.

Let us remember this quote, which reigns supreme decades later :

*"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the
strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The
credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is
marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and
comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or
shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who
spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the
triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least
he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those
cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."*

"Citizenship in a Republic,"
Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910
- See more at:
http://www.theodoreroosevelt.org/site/c.elKSIdOWIiJ8H/b.9297493/k.7CB9/Quotations_from_the_speeches_and_other_works_of_Theodore_Roosevelt.htm#.dpuf