[governance] CALL FOR NOMINATIONS - WSIS FORUM HIGHLEVELTRACK FACILITATORS

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat Mar 26 01:27:27 EDT 2016

On Saturday 26 March 2016 09:52 AM, Nick Ashton-Hart wrote:
> Dear all, FWIW, this is as we all know a long-standing problem.
>
> My thought is that a solution might be to ask if those of you with
> access to funders could put together a proposal for a pool to be
> available every year for a handful of key meetings that would allow
> those without travel support to have a chance to attend these meetings.

Funders can make a pool but they should not decide who gets funded...
>From self organised nominee selection process, we should also move to
self organised CS nominee selection process, and that can/ should use a
pool to which funders can contribute..... CSCG should write out a
proposal and approach those who typicall fund travel to IG related
meetings and ask for a pool to 'neutrally' fund CS
participation....parminder