[governance] Final list of nominees send to the Noncom (CSCG)

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 20:06:24 EDT 2016

Dear Remmy,
It's good to know that we have such vigilant members.
However in this case your fears are unfounded.
Ginger, as non-voting Chair of the CSCG, pointed out that Analia's
responsibility extended until the close of nominations and the submission
of the shortlist. In fact I counted the expressions of support and Analia
double-checked.
The nominators sent their nominations to the list themselves. The number of
supporting messages reported were those sent to the IGC before midnight UTC
on 15th March. I was very careful about my counting, but mistakes do
happen. If I have miscounted please tell me more. However you should
remember that messages of support NOT sent to the IGC list don't count for
the IGC reporting. They will however appear in the overall CSCG reckoning.
I hope this sets your mind at rest.
Best wishes
Deirdre

On 16 March 2016 at 18:47, Remmy Nweke <remmyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Analia
> As much as I appreciate your contributions, I thought even before now your
> hands off should have happened, especially knowing fully well of your
> interest, I mean from onset, but that should have to be a lesson for
> another class, considering you hinted this house before the nomination call
> was even made.
>
> Secondly, please could you explain how the nominees get their "support"
> because I am aware that for instance, Cisse Kane has excess of the number
> (3) recorded against his name even after his request was delayed in being
> exposed, as well as Anriette of (APC).
>
> Just putting my watch-dog cap on!!!!
>
> Remmy Nweke
> @ITRealms
>

> ____
> REMMY NWEKE,  Lead Strategist/Group Executive Editor,
> DigitalSENSE Africa Media Ltd [*Multiple-award winning medium*]
> (DigitalSENSE Business News
> <http://www.digitalsenseafrica.com.ng/businessnews>; ITREALMS
> <http://www.itrealms.com.ng>, NaijaAgroNet
> <http://www.naijaagronet.com.ng>)
> Block F1, Shop 133 Moyosore Aboderin Plaza, Bolade Junction, Oshodi-Lagos
> M: 234-8033592762, 8023122558, 8051000475, T: @ITRealms
> <http://www.twitter.com/ITRealms>
> Author: A Decade of ICT Reportage in Nigeria
> <https://www.facebook.com/adecadeofictreportageinnigeria‎>
> NDSF 2016
> <https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153112418861429&set=a.119216361428.104226.716351428&type=1>
> *Confidentiality Notice:* The information in this document and attachments
> are confidential and may also be privileged information. It is intended
> only for the use of the named recipient. Remmy Nweke does not accept legal
> responsibility for the contents of this e-mail. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please notify me immediately, then delete this document and do
> not disclose the contents of this document to any other person, nor make
> any copies. Violators may face court persecution.
>
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 11:31 PM, Analia Aspis <analia.aspis at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear members,
>>
>> This is the final list of nominees from the Internet Governance Caucus
>> (IGC) for the Comission for Science and Technology for Development (CSTD)
>>  Working Group on Enhanced Cooperation (WGEC):
>>
>> The nominees:
>>
>> Analia Aspis (12 indications of support)
>>
>> Chinmayi Arun  (2 indications of support)
>>
>> Cisse Kane (3 indications of support)
>>
>> Parminder Jeet Singh (7 indications of support)
>>

>> Those who presented themselves to IGC but did not ask specifically for
>> IGC endorsement:
>>
>> Anriette Esterhuysen  (4 indications of support)
>>
>> Baudoin Schombe
>>
>> Wisdom Donkor
>>

>> The nomination texts are attached below.
>>

>> *I do signalize* that from now and until the final elections of the
>> members of the WG *I will NOT* participate or represent IGC in such
> [...]

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979