[governance] Final list - MAG 2016

Analia Aspis analia.aspis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 13:02:10 EST 2016

Dear Carlos,

I have sent a final report to the group, with the details of our discussion
about the mag and the final nominees. If you are asking about the
co-coordinator elections, we have still time to receive self-nominations :)
until the 31 January.

Kind regards,
Analía

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 2:05 PM, <jfcallo at ciencitec.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> Total 8 support from: Baudouin Schombe,  Nnenna Nwakanma, Ephraim Percy
>>> Kenyanito, Akinremi Peter Taiwo, Lillian Nalwoga, Mwendwa Kivuva, Chris
>>> Prince Udochukwu Njoku, Renata Aquino Ribeiro
>>>

>>> Arsene Tungali, 26, from the Democratic Republic of Congo, a blogger and
>>> activist. I speak fluently Kiswahili, French and English, interested in a
>>> slot in the MAG 2016.
>>>
>>> I feel that there is an under representation among Civil Society members
>>> for the Francophone African countries and hope to add my voice to those
>>> advocating for the underrepresented from these African countries and in
>>> that way promote a more multilingual IG. I am a strong advocate for
>>> remote
>>> participation; also advocate for increasing the youth participation at
>>> the
>>> IGF and for including more sessions on child online protection and
>>> women’s
>>> involvement in ICT, which continues to be a barrier in many African
>>> countries. I strongly believe the Internet is for everyone and we need to
>>> make sure everyone has the ability to participate.
>>>
>>> I am familiar with the IGF, took Diplo Foundation IG courses and play an
>>> active role in the Central African IGF and the African IGF. I also
>>> attended
>>> and contributed to the IGF USA in 2015. I am an active member of the
>>> newly
>>> created dynamic working to host the first IGF in the DRC. I attended the
>>> IGF 2015 as an ISOC Ambassador, reported some sessions and blogged about
>>> my
>>> experience in Diplo’s daily newsletter during the Forum. I contribute to
>>> various IG lists and working groups such as with the Internet Governance
>>> Caucus, the Youth Coalition on Internet Governance and follow discussions
>>> on other lists.I am an active ICANN fellow. I am the Executive of Rudi
>>> International, the only youth-led Congolese non-profit working on child
>>> online protection and women’s participation in ICT issues. Since 2012, my
>>> organization has convened the annual ITU’s Girls in ICT day events and
>>> is a
>>> member organization that is part of their Child Online Protection (COP)
>>> initiative across Africa.
>>>
>>> Co-founder and Executive Director, Rudi International
>>>
>>> Founder, Mabingwa Forum
>>>

>>> *2.    *Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro (Republic of Fiji)
>>>
>>> - I do copy the pdf text of her expression of interest and attach it as
>>> well -
>>>
>>> Total support 8 from: Chaitanya Dhareshwar, Baudouin Schombe, Ephraim
>>> Percy Kenyanito, Ang Peng Hwa, Lillian Nalwoga, Mwendwa Kivuva, Chris
>>> Prince Udochukwu Njoku, Renata Aquino Ribeiro
>>>
>>> Expression of Interest
>>>
>>> I would like to express my interest in submitting my name for
>>> consideration regarding the selection of Civil Society nominees for the
>>> Multi-stakeholder Advisory Group (MAG). Kindly find a brief Biography
>>> myself. I would be pleased to channel and be a bridge for civil society