[governance] [bestbits] WTO Needs Far-Reaching Digital Trade Pact, Experts Say

Ephraim Percy Kenyanito ephraim at accessnow.org
Mon Jan 25 05:22:05 EST 2016

During WTO Ministerial meeting in December 2015 in Nairobi, developed
countries wanted to introduce a new item (emerging trade and ICTs) but
developing countries opposed this move as they wanted a conclusion of the
Doha Round of negotiations. So its very probable that this will happen in
the near future.

Given WTO Agreements are binding, we need to make sure that in case it
happens, such discussions are carried out in the open with participation
from all stakeholders. We need to be in the table/ on delegations.

We wouldn't want a reflection of the process of coming up with the TPP

--
Best Regards,

*Ephraim Percy Kenyanito*
Sub-Saharan Africa Policy Analyst
Access Now | accessnow.org

tel: (+254)-786-191-930/ (+254)-751-804-120
@ekenyanito
PGP: E6BA8DC1
Fingerprint: B0FA394AF73DEB7AA1FDC7360CFED26DE6BA8DC1

*Subscribe *to the Access Now Express
<https://www.accessnow.org/campaign/#sign-up>, our weekly newsletter on
digital rights
*Sign up* for our action alerts <https://www.accessnow.org/campaign/>