[governance] IGC endorsements for MAG 2016 CS reps

Ginger Paque gpaque at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 08:56:29 EST 2016

Dear Renata and all,

Parminder has written to me offlist, to point out some miscommunication
from my post (thanks Parminder).

1. The CSCG NomCom can and does consider any CS nominations sent to it,
from CS organisations, from individuals, and other groups, whether within
or outside of endorsements by organisations. We have in fact, received such
requests for consideration from groups/individuals not represented in the
CSCG already this year.

In addition, please remember that the IGF Secretariat/UNDESA considers ALL
nominations made through the IGF application process, by no means only
those endorsed by the CSCG and others. Every application is taken seriously
on its own merit.

2. The IGC has no procedure in place for this endorsement process as it is
being handled in the short time allowed this year. The IGC should normally
constitute a NomCom, as per the charter of the IGC, which seems not to be
practical, given the timeline.

In addition, Parminder did not mention this, but I am aware that it is not
my place to make the post that I did, as I cannot in any way suggest that
the IGC do things in a particular way, except as any other member of the
IGC can do. I took the liberty of making my post because of the short
timeline, and the need I felt to push the process along. I appreciate your
accepting my post in the spirit it was made, that of offering information
in the hope of a more transparent and effective process.

It is important that we learn from this year's experience, so that we put
in place better and more transparent strategies and processes for next year.

Thanks to all.
Ginger

Ginger (Virginia) Paque
DiploFoundation