[governance] IMPORTANT: Call for nominations for IGF 2016 MAG

Ginger Paque gpaque at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 09:21:34 EST 2016

Hi Carlos, and everyone,

The most complete information we have is available in the announcement at
http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/magabout/mag-renewal-announcement

My suggestions is, If you decide you would like to be considered for the
IGF MAG, you should follow those instructions, by submitting your
nomination. Since we encourage discussion by as many civil society groups
and members as possible, I suggest that you let any CS IG groups/lists you
belong to
--know that you have submitted your nomination
--understand why you would be a good candidate
--understand what you would like to accomplish as a member of the MAG
--any other information they have requested.

CS groups should be discussing best candidates, and who they would like to
endorse, to help create a 'shortlist' for consideration of nominees. The
CSCG reviews endorsements sent to them, and sends a list of suggested
candidates to the IGF Secretariat and UNDESA. UNDESA makes final decisions
based on the complete list of nominations, and endorsements from the CSCG
and other CS groups--remember, CSCG does not include all CS IG groups.

Discussions are underway in the MAG, and with the IGF Secretariat and
UNDESA to clarify the process, and the number and characteristics of new
MAG members being sought. We hope to have more information soon, but
discussions of process should not slow the nomination process, especially
since our time is very short.

I am writing this early on a cold Sunday morning, when I should be out
shoveling snow, so please excuse any omissions or errors--questions and
comments are welcome.

Best wishes to all,
Ginger

Ginger (Virginia) Paque