[governance] Netmundial Feb 26 Communique

Baudouin Schombe baudouin.schombe at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 05:14:44 EST 2016

Hello Ian thanks for sharing this information. Very relevant proposal to
evaluate the NetMundial (NetMundial +5). I think we must to have  agenda
with benchmarks as a compass in the evaluation process during the
preparatory phase from now to 2019.

> Please feel free to copy to other lists – here is a Communique from the
> Netmundial Initiative meeting held in Madrid on February 26.
>

> https://www.netmundial.org/blog/secretariat/netmundial-initiative-inaugural-coordination-council-madrid-spain-26-february-2016?platform=hootsuite
>
> My own take is that the meeting decided on some sensible changes, while
> still needing to clarify others, and I welcome the institutional home
> within CGI.br if that goes ahead . Much discussion  centred on the
> replacement of the Inaugural Co-ordination Council – suggestions included a
> smaller flatter structure, a renaming (Advisory Group was favoured by
> some); this is going to be the subject of a public consultation in coming
> weeks before this is finalised.
>
> I also personally welcome the idea, promoted by Wolfgang Kleinwachter, of
> a NMI+5 conference in 2019, and look forward to discussions on how that
> might take place.
>
> More on these ideas as they develop in coming months.
>
> Ian Peter

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

*SCHOMBE BAUDOUIN*

*SECRETAIRE EXECUTIF FGI-IGF RDC*

*COORDINATION NATIONALE CAFEC*

*ICANN/AFRALO Member*
*ISOC Member*
Téléphone mobile:+243998983491/+243813684512
email                  : b.schombe at gmail.com
skype                 : b.schombe
blog                    : http://akimambo.unblog.fr