[governance] WEBCAST TODAY: Digital policy and technological challenges in 2016 – What to expect?

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Tue Feb 9 07:06:34 EST 2016

The Geneva Internet Platform remind us that today Feb 9  is Safer Internet
Day 2016. See http://www.saferinternetday.org/ for more info. Meanwhile
they are hosting ISOC's Sally Wentworth and Olaf Kolkman for a look forward
at 2016.

joly posted: "The next 3 days January 26-28 2016 provide multiple
opportunities for Internet Society members to participate in online events.
First and foremost is our Q1 Community Forum on Wednesday, where Kathy
Brown will define 2016 as the Year of Member Action, and"

<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/policy2016>Today *Tuesday February
9 2016 at 7am EST (12:00 UTC)* the Internet Society <http://isoc.org/> and GIP
Digital Watch <http://giplatform.org/digitalwatch> will present a Webinar:
Digital policy and technological challenges in 2016 – What to expect?
<http://bit.ly/gipdw2016> 2015 has been a busy year in the digital policy
arena. At a global level, the review of the outcomes of the World Summit on
the Information Society, the adoption of the Agenda for Sustainable
Development and the intensive debates on the Internet Assigned Number
Authority (IANA) stewardship transition were some of the major topics. At
national level, access, cybersecurity and digital human rights were among
the most debated issues. We have also seen throughout the year
technological developments in areas such as the Internet of things, big
data and cloud computing. What will 2016 look like? What can we expect in
terms of digital policy and technological evolutions for this year? And
what will be the related challenges? SPEAKERS:* Sally Wentworth*, Vice
President of Global Policy Development, Internet Society; *Jovan Kurbalija*,
Director of DiploFoundation and Head of the Geneva Internet Platform; *Olaf
Kolkman*, Chief Internet Technology Officer, Internet Society.

*What: Webinar: Digital policy and technological challenges in 2016 – What
to expect? <http://giplatform.org/digitalwatch>When: Tuesday February 9
2016 at 7am EST (12:00 UTC)Where: Geneva & Online.View on
Livestream: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/policy2016
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/policy2016>Twitter: #theGIP +
#isoc https://twitter.com/search?q=%23theGIP%20%23isoc
<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23theGIP%20%23isoc>*

http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8292

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
-