[governance] Towards true remote participation (was Re: Next IGF in Geneva? How about Berlin?)

Akinremi Peter Taiwo compsoftnet at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 02:41:40 EST 2016

Hi Renata,

 No need to re-invent the wheel. The previous work could be improved upon
and I would be happy to share the little experience from the previous WG
lead by Ginger.

Looking forward to contribute.

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 3:41 AM, Renata Aquino Ribeiro <raquino at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Charity
>
> Yes, I took a look at the IGF previous WGs last year, when I started
> following the IGF closely.
> Indeed this was great work.
> And surely Ginger will still have this institutional memory to share.
> Thanks for the info, most grateful for these pointers
>
> Best,
>
> Renata
>

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 11:02 PM, Embley, Charity G <
> charity.g.embley at ttu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi Renata,
>>

>> I just wanted to add something on the on-going conversation about remote
>> participation.  I'm going out on a limb and assume that the concept of
>> remote participation that you all were referring to is in relation to
>> remote hubs and how distant participants (who are unable to attend IGF
>> meetings)  would be able to remotely attend the meetings.  Please correct
>> me if I'm mistaken on this assumption.  Anyways, a couple of years ago,
>> Marilia Maciel, Raquel Gatto, Rafik D, Ginger P and myself were part of the
>> IGF Remote Participation Working Group (If I might have forgotten anybody -
>> my apologies) and the goal was to make remote participation accessible.
>> The remote hubs were established and even funded in some countries as an
>> outreach initiative.  We do have a Facebook page called IGF Remote
>> Participation Working Group. You can search it. The page will kind of give
>> you an overview and there are initiatives on remote participation that have
>> been established since 2010. It has not been updated since 2011and I still
>> get notifications.  But if it is something that you would like to continue
>> working on, that should not be a problem, especially if Ginger is also
>> taking a lead on it.
>>

>> Thanks!

>> ________________________
>> Charity Gamboa Embley, M.Ed
>> PhD Curriculum & Instruction: Language, Diversity and Literacy|   College
>> of Education| MS 1071
>> Texas Tech University| 3008 18th Street, Lubbock, TX 79409-1071
>>
>> [image: 1461939201588_PastedImage]
>> ------------------------------

*Akinremi Peter Taiwo*
[ West Africa Coordinator ]
Pan African Civil Society on Information Society (*ACSIS*)
*Website: *www.acsis-scasi.org

*E*xecutive Consultant.
[ Compsoftnet Enterprise ]
Nigeria

*T*echnical Consultant
[ RetailPoint ]
Lagos
Website: www.retailpos.com.ng

*W*eb Master
[ Internet Governance Caucus ]
Website: www.igcaucus.org

*Phone:* +2347-0638-30177, +2348-1874-76292
*twitter:* @compsoftnet
*Skype:* akinremi.peter
*Office:*  Off old Ota Road, Alagbado,Lagos

* Quote: *If you do not trust yourself, how can you trust others.
 *Quote:* People speaks from their perspective, does it mean they are right?