[governance] MAG nomination

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 13:24:58 EST 2016

Dear João,
Sorry for the delayed reply. I had a meeting this morning, at last, that
we've been trying to set up for a year.
The deadline for nominations to CSCG for endorsement was on Friday 9th, so
this nomination is too late.
Next time?
Deirdre

On 12 December 2016 at 08:51, "João Carlos R. Caribé" <joao.caribe at me.com>
wrote:

> Dears,
>
> I wanna to nominate Bonface Witaba for MAG
>
> Name: Witaba, Bonface
> Title: Research, Training & Innovations Manager
>
> E-mail: bswitaba at yahoo.co.uk
> Tel: 254722286583
> Country: Kenya
> Stakeholder Group: Civil Society
>
> About Nominee: He is an Information Communications Technology (ICT)
> university graduate, Internet Governance and Public Policy scholar, in the
> Civil Society space. He's an Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and
> Numbers (ICANN) Fellow, Africa Network Information Center (AFRINIC)
> Fellow, DiploFoundation Internet Governance Alumni, ICANN Non Commercial
> User Constituency (NCUC) member, ICANN Language Generation Panel (LGP)
> volunteer, ICANNWiki Swahili Ambassador (East Africa), Kenya ICT Action
> Network (KICTANET) member, an aspiring ICANN Next-generation Registry
> Directory Services (RDS) volunteer. He founded Centre for Youth Empowerment
> and Leadership (CYEL), an award winning civil society organization whose
> mission is to empower rural communities in Kenya through ICT, and Internet
> governance. Bonface is actively involved in Internet Governance matters at
> both local, regional and global levels. He's attended the African IGF
> (AfIGF), the 6th and 9th UN IGF as a participant, 10th UN IGF as a
> panelist, 11th UN IGF (remotely) as panelist on workshops 121 and 108. He's
> also a Kenya IGF 2016 MAG member. Additionally, He runs a youth Internet
> Governance (IG) outreach for academia (institutions of higher
> learning). The programme seeks to mentor the Next-generation of Internet
> Governance leadership in Universities in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and
> the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
>
> As his ICANN mentor, I believe he is upto the challenge, and will be
> essential in amplifying the voice of civil societies through MAG
> activities, in the quest to strengthen the multistakeholderism consultation
> process.
>
> --
> João Carlos R. Caribé
> Transdisciplinary Consultant - Wazushi
>
> http://about.me/caribe
>
> Skype joaocaribe
> +55(021) 9 8761 1967
>

> --
> João Carlos R. Caribé
> Transdisciplinary Consultant - Wazushi
>
> http://about.me/caribe
>
> Skype joaocaribe
> +55(021) 9 8761 1967

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979