[governance] My SOI for MAG 2017

Hago Dafalla dafalla at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 14:42:58 EST 2016

Dear Deirdre
find bellow my Statement of Interest for the MAG 2017.
Hago Dafalla
 my Statement of Interest

I need to involve in the IGF MAG to share my experience about Internet Governance process and to exchangeideas about Internet issues specific to the Arab region. I am interested toadvance  my knowledge about InternetPolicy and I would like to be part of the regional and global discussion abouttopics related to the management of the Internet.  Sure I will share my experience, ideas andknowledge and collaborate with other expert participants in the IGF MAG . This committee  will bring participants together from variousdisciplines to learn about the Internet Governance process, and to exchangeideas regarding Internet issues specific to the all region from many angles,like policy, technology, and advocacy. Internet Governance has become amainstream issue, due largely to the controversial Snowden revelations thattriggered a wave of outrage on a global scale, calling for more transparency onhow the Internet is governed, for the decentralization of Internet management,and for protection of human rights on the Internet.A recurring theme among the majority of Internet Governance the need formulti-stakeholder participation and wide consultation on issues pertaining toInternet policy and Internet governance. The involvement of the media was notedas being critical to enhancing awareness of Internet development and policyissues. It was also I mentioned that participation in Internet Governanceprocesses should be on “equal-footing”, with no stakeholder grouping assumingsuperiority or control over another. I am participated inAFNOG ,2001,2003 and 2006 andAFRINIC Meeting, 2001,2003 ,2006 and 2012.ICANN Meeting2008,209,2010 and 2012. Member of  NCUC, GNSO, ICANN.NomCom 2011 and 2012, Member of AfriNic.  Member of ICANN working  Groups,.Member of Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG), for Arab InternetGovernance Forum (IGF), 2014 -2015.