[governance] DC Core Internet Values / IGF workshop room 8, Tuesday 6 Dec 2016 @ 9:00am

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue Dec 6 02:04:01 EST 2016

Hello all,

please be so kind to find the agenda flow for the Dynamic Coalition on
Core Internet Values (DC-CIV) meeting on Tuesday 6 December, 9:00am
Workshop Room 8.
https://igf2016.sched.org/event/8hsx/dc-on-core-internet-values
Live broadcast: http://www.igf2016.mx/multimedia.php?t=8

1. Roll Call, Introduction, adoption of Agenda (Olivier Crépin-Leblond)
- 5 minutes

2. Brief presentation of Core Internet Values Paper (Olivier
Crépin-Leblond) - 10 minutes

The DC's published paper is on:
http://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/index.php?q=filedepot_download/3737/169

3. Addition of a new Core Value (Vint Cerf; Maarten Botterman) - 40 minutes
- Vint Cerf (confirmed)
- Maarten Botterman (confirmed)
- Alejandro Pisanty (confirmed)
- Lise Fuhr (confirmed)

Here, we will build on the last paragraph of the DC-CIV substantive paper:

/"Finally, there has been a sustained increase in malicious software
exploiting weak security in devices to launch attacks to impact the
Internet negatively. It was not an issue in the early Internet
development. Times have changed. Should there be a new core value that
should drive efforts at standardization and protocol development?"

/Dr. Cerf will propose a new Core Internet Value: "freedom from harm".
"/we have a lot of work to do to protect users from harmful experiences
when making use of the Internet and the services that it supports. "

/After comments from the other panellists, the floor will open for a
discussion.

4. DC on Core Internet Values work program (Olivier Crépin-Leblond) - 30
minutes
(in this section we'll discuss the organisational instruments of the DC,
as well as a leadership plan)

5. Conclusions and Next Steps (5 minutes)

To summarise, the Blue part of the agenda is discussing the substantive
paper and building on it. The Brown part of the agenda will deal with
the coalition's own organisation.

Looking forward to see you there. (in person or on-line)

Kindest regards,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
DC Core Internet Values Chair