[governance] Happy Birthday to all of you on 25 years of the Internet

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Thu Aug 25 13:13:51 EDT 2016

At the risk of tooting my own horn I like to think the modern internet
was born when I founded The World (www.TheWorld.com, back then
world.std.com) in November 1989 and for the first time began putting
the general public on. I got a lot of grief for doing that back then!

See:

  RFC 2235 (they list 1990 but whatever)

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_(Internet_service_provider)

--