[governance] Joint CS meeting before the IGF

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 06:10:12 EDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

You will be reminded that few civil society groups including IGC, APC, JNC,
Best Bits, ICANN’s NCSG came together with a plan to have a joint civil
society meeting a day or so prior to the upcoming IGF in Mexico. The
discussion is ongoing and representatives from these groups are gathering
inputs to make it happen.

“The meeting is for civil society groups to come together before the IGF to
have a private day of their own for strategizing, network building,
outreach, etc.”

Such a meeting has happened in the past but this year, the IGC is joining
as well. I will share more details soon about the date and other logistical
arrangements. For now, if you are planning to come to the IGF, please do
include this in your plan.

Each group’s representative has been charged to consult with their members
on subjects such as themes, outcomes (if applicable), session format, and
workshop proposal (for those who would like to present something). Please
use this link to provide your inputs.

http://bestbits.net/limesurvey/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=514863

(note BB’s website is being used until we have a more neutral web page
where to put all info regarding this joint meeting. This to mean that the
meeting is not convened by Best Bits but by the groups/organizations named
above).

I encourage our members to provide valuable inputs which will allow the
organizing committee to put together an event worth our time.

Should you have any question, do not hesitate to come back to me.

Best regards,

------------------------
**Arsène Tungali**
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <http://www.smart-serv.info>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967