[governance] Two Internet governance discussions online next week...

vale - oneworld platform valentina at oneworldplatform.net
Sun Apr 24 04:31:06 EDT 2016

That's true but I think we could (virtually) sit together and try to
work our some suggestion, strategies, approach to make
institutions/organization acknowledge the challenge and commit to work
on building up a work in progress data base of speakers, experts so that
conference by conference a community of women become visible and accessible

best, hvale

On 04/22/2016 04:27 PM, Divina MEIGS wrote:
> thank you Ginger. What a shame no women are in sight!!
>
> divina
>

>     > Message du 22/04/16 15:48
>     > De : "Ginger Paque" <gpaque at gmail.com>
>     > A : "Governance (governance at lists.igcaucus.org)"
>     <governance at lists.igcaucus.org>
>     > Copie à :
>     > Objet : [governance] Two Internet governance discussions online
>     next week...
>     >
>     >
>     Hi everyone, I'm forwarding this, because I think many of you will
>     be interested in the topics to be discussed. Please share. Cheers,
>     Ginger
>     >

>     > __
>     Is this email not displaying correctly?   View this email in your
>     browser
>     <http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=89e7299f9fe54eed66d45cf3d&id=e927837ea7&e=bc0aff4eba>
>

>     Dear Colleagues,
>
>     We would like to invite you to join us for two Internet governance
>     events next week. Both events offer full remote participation:
>
>     *Conference on Technical Innovation for Digital Policy*
>     > Monday, 25th April, from 8:00 UTC
>
>     Data protection, freedom of information, and cybersecurity are
>     increasingly in the focus of digital policy. Can technology provide
>     adequate solutions to important policy issues? What are the options?
>     The conference on Technical Innovation for Digital Policy
>     <http://diplomacy.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=89e7299f9fe54eed66d45cf3d&id=1d5b6a0ae5&e=bc0aff4eba>
>     will gather leading Internet innovators and policy experts to
>     discuss technical innovation and potential solutions to critical
>     areas affecting Internet users worldwide. Speakers include:
>
>       * Louis Pouzin from Open Root, inventor of the datagram
>       * Phil Zimmerman from Silent Circle, father of Pretty Good Privacy
>       * Adrian Perrig from ETH Zurich
>       * Michael Hausding from Switch
>       * Richard Hill from Internet Society Switzerland
>       * Christophe Blanchi from DONA Foundation
>       * Bjoern Christian Wolf from DiploFoundation
>       * Jovan Kurbalija, DiploFoundation director
>
>     *Webinar: Internet governance in April 2016*
>     > Tuesday, 26th April, at 11:00 UTC
>
>     Security, cyberterrorism, and sustainable development, were on the
>     agenda of the G7 meeting in Japan, while the Council of Europe's
>     Committee of Ministers adopted the Internet Governance Strategy for
>     2016-2019. Following the Apple/FBI controversy last month, an
>     increasing number of mobile apps and online services have turned on
>     end-to-end encryption, while in Europe, the long-awaited General
>     Data Protection Regulation was approved by the EU Parliament. What
>     were the main Internet governance updates in April, and how will
>     they shape future developments? Join us for our next monthly
>     briefing
>     <http://diplomacy.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=89e7299f9fe54eed66d45cf3d&id=8494071336&e=bc0aff4eba>;
> [...]

valentina pellizzer
President
One World Platform

http://oneworldplatform.net/

mobile: +387 (0)61 484 038
phone/fax: +387 (0)33 834 899
twitter: @froatosebe

Fingerprint 30AA 9445 D878 A6C9 FE41 E90D 52A5 36A6 B249 EDA9