[governance] [bestbits] Nominations for IGF closing and opening speakers

Seth Johnson seth.p.johnson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 12:05:19 EDT 2015

Nick: I think balance is not often really a zero sum analysis, not
when in policy discussions.  Almost nobody in a policy discussion is
actually thinking or engaged like that.  It's not a bucket of water,
or nobody would be engaged in any sort of creative way.  Rather,
they'll say x needs to be balanced by our side getting something
"commensurate" y.  Typically making a point of contrast in one of a
manifold of ways to characterize relations in a policy discussion.

Suresh: A little lost on what you're saying and what not, but
appreciate that you are playing a diplomatic function.

Seth