[governance] [bestbits] Nominations for IGF closing and opening speakers

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at consensus.pro
Thu Oct 29 11:36:45 EDT 2015

For what its worth, in some places, I, too don’t think balance is the idea.

For instance, starting from the position that in privacy ‘balance’ is the objective means that there’s a finite amount of privacy to go around and it has to get parceled out amongst competing priorities. That’s a zero-sum outlook - why would that be a desirable starting place? Surely what is wanted is a win-win - solutions which are more than the sum of their parts.

Just an example, but top of mind for me when I hear about ‘balance’.