[governance] [bestbits] Nominations for IGF closing and opening speakers

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at consensus.pro
Sat Oct 24 13:32:47 EDT 2015

Dear Parminder,

I was really struck by this comment of yours. I don’t think there’s a lot of appetite for this review in NY, and while there are many reasons why, we are where we are.

The likelihood is that the structure of WSIS in its second decennial will probably be much like it has been in the first. Whether that is good or bad is a separate question - perhaps a little of both. It seems to me likely that the real opportunity to marshal ICT4d for development may move to the Technology Facilitation Mechanism in the SDGs - depending upon what is done with it.

Regards, Nick