[governance] FW: Facebook and data

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Oct 20 11:29:58 EDT 2015

On Tuesday 20 October 2015 08:44 PM, Arzak Khan wrote:

> Just a thought what does FB gets in return for providing so much
> personal data of every user in the world to government agencies?

You have heard of military-industrial complex, right..... there is a
similar political -economic nexus in terms of digital power... FB gets
US government’s cover to promote a global order of free data err
information flow, a paradigm of non regulation in the digital space ,
multistakeholder smokescreen to keep real governance issues hidden, and
so on..... Deigo spoke about political power, this is geo-politics
101..... only i do not understand the civil society abdication in all
this, and its gullibility

parminder