[governance] On the EU Court's Striking Down Safe Harbor

Seth Johnson seth.p.johnson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 08:48:37 EDT 2015

This article explains how the ruling shows the importance of
fundamental rights as rooted in founding acts of free countries -- as
opposed to international treaty rights, which are inherently weak, a
basis for "balancing standard" style reasoning (at best) rather than
"strict scrutiny," where fundamental rights have priority.

Fallout from EU-US Safe Harbor ruling will be dramatic and far-reaching: