[governance] [bestbits] update on Brazilian activists

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Nov 12 07:38:44 EST 2015

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 07:38:02 +0000
Mawaki Chango <kichango at gmail.com> wrote:

> In any case, it's obvious this rule needs some multistakeholder
> scrutiny for the good of the right to free and peaceful expression,
> including protests.

Does the UN have any kind of court or tribunal that has authority to
invalidate any of the UN's internal rules if they conflict with the
principles of the UN's own international human rights treaties?

If not I would suggest that one should be created asap, as lack of due
legal recourse is also a human rights violation.

Greetings,
Norbert