[governance] What Intergovernmental Authority Lets You Do

Seth Johnson seth.p.johnson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 21:47:15 EST 2015

Correction: I had said this was an anti-GPL.  In fact, it only says
(in effect) that signatory countries can't require device code to be
available -- not that their copyright laws can't enable the GPL.

If it had said their copyright law could not allow that, that would
have done it.  But signatory countries are the Party in question, and
their passing a law of a certain type is all it addresses.  A
statutory requirement to make the code available is disallowed, not
anything that would be the subject of a license like the GPL.