AW: [governance] Sad news re Ronald Koven

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Sun Nov 1 16:01:25 EST 2015

Hi,

this is sad news indeed. I know Ronnie since the middle of the 1980s. Our first meeting goes back to the UNESCO NWCIO Round Table in Copenhagen in 1985. We disagreed about a number of issues, but we agreed on human rights and in particular on freedom of expression as the touchstone of all human rights. Ronnie helped to draft the WSIS Civil Society Declaration in Geneva in 2003. He played a constructive role in promoting the idea of the multistakeholder governance model for managing the Internet. He was on the side of the individual users of the Internet. And very personally: When I asked for advice or did send him an article he helped me to with critical and constructive comments. I will remember him as a good friend.

Wolfgang