[governance] On WSIS+10 (was Re: Why?)

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Sat May 23 14:43:45 EDT 2015

Thanks a lot, Wolfy, for this memory refreshing piece! Indeed I was
alluding to the July 2003 Intersessional, in Paris. Good to be reminded
that the initial reference in the whole process was introduced in Beirut
February 2003.

As for the final language (which is generally arrived at through a
negotiating process) I have no basis to rule out the possibility that it
might also have been the result of a multi stakeholder process, i.e.
involving participants other than governments/IGOs, unless the latter were
the only ones in the room at Beirut, which I doubt. But then again it would
make sense that whoever first tabled that agenda item had a prepared
language, which might or might not in the process have been improved w.r.t.
the intent being pursued (indeed possibly hardened, depending on where one
is coming from.)

Thanks,

/Brought to you by Mawaki's droid agent