[governance] Who are we?

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at riseup.net
Sat May 23 13:14:28 EDT 2015

Dear Deirdre,

yes, i support very much your intention. But not your way, how you
practice it.

The objection of Norbert is entitled. I don't know the history of all
the groups. But what i see and what i learned is, that all people want
to change the situation, that the most part of the people on our planet
have no free access to this system, what we give the name "Internet".

But all we know, with a free flow of information, the time for wars on
our planet is ended. And also the time for poverty and hunger. And we
all know, that every process where we search for a way of cooperation in
a diversity space we extend our capacity for the intercontinental and
intercultural cooperation.

We all have different biography, a very different space of experience.
Therefore a very diffent thinking of, what we can do and how we can do.

The most problem for me im this groups of open discussion is, that the
form and interpretation of the form stay in the foreground. And not the
content. And this I also felt, when I read the text of Norbert and
Richard. And similar I experienced while reading the Delhi Declaration
from the JNC.

Maybe, my interpretation is wrong. It is a very subjectiv
interpretation. We find in many discussion very good reflections, very
clear cognitions, a high level of inside knowledge. But not clear view
of, what are our destinations.

All this structures of workgroups, meetings, events and any thing are
only helpful, if we have a base about, how we want create an open
interconnection of all people on our planet.

JFC he wrote about. He is very attacked from many people. Why?
He wrote in his answer to Wolfgang:
"The activist power was in the technology and innovation."

This is for me the core. What we have really to define and create? Only
to be part of "Governance"? Together with all this actors of only
"Governance"? Then we can fight for "Governance" and never for an open
system for worldwide communication and transport of information.

Governance have to be an instrument, if we think, that we need it. Also
Norbert and Richard wrote about at the end:
"Not all aspects of human activity require regulation or any other kind
of explicit governance action." But why we need governance? This
question is always the first. And if we find a positive answer, then and
only then we should act for Governance.

I hope, you and all are not angry with me. And please, excuse my bad
english.

many greetings, willi
Cordoba, Argentina