[governance] Who are we?

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sat May 23 08:40:01 EDT 2015

On Sat, 23 May 2015 07:48:46 -0400
Deirdre Williams <williams.deirdre at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is distressing that both Bestbits and JNC, having each decided
> that they preferred to come together with likeminded persons, should
> both then decide to use IGC as a battleground.

Being a co-founder and co-convenor of the Just Net Coalition (JNC),
the last part of this statement and its implied mischaracterization of
the nature of my postings is in my eyes highly offensive and quite
inappropriate.

I hereby formally request an apology.

> Earlier this week I was present at a meeting locally at which a
> venerable and respected NGO (turned 60 last year) was probably killed
> by people shouting for democracy.
[..]
> So let’s regroup so that we can present a common front and so that
> “they’ll see how beautiful (and powerful) [we] are, and be
> ashamed” (with apologies to Langston Hughes)

Does this mean that those who care about democracy, and who consider it
essential that it must be accepted and respected when people talk about
the need for governance to be truly democratic, will have to go
elsewhere?

Greetings,
Norbert