[governance] Move to regulate skype and whatsup in India.

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Mar 30 12:20:37 EDT 2015

In message
<CAHyAo0G5atuvGZjicaxd_sHeqkK0YqvyOSr8q2bOmdnXNZAMGg at mail.gmail.com>, at
14:01:59 on Sun, 29 Mar 2015, Sivasubramanian M <isolatedn at gmail.com>
writes
>Hello,
>
>http://indianexpress.com/article/technology/social/trai-seeks-to-regulat
>e-ott-players-like-skype-viber-whatsapp-and-google-talk/
>
>On similar proposals in other countries,  how did the Internet user
>respond

For a moment there I thought you were highlighting a new form of
censorship, but the article appears to be about Net Neutrality - in the
sense that carriers should not discriminate between traffic from one
"OTT" or another, or between OTTs and their own legacy services, based
on ransom payments.
--
Roland Perry