[governance] [bestbits] Remarks at UNESCO Closing Ceremony of "Connecting the Dots Conference"

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Wed Mar 4 20:27:14 EST 2015

On Mar 4, 2015, at 7:54 PM, Michael Gurstein <gurstein at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps we could have an explanation from Jeremy and others on the drafting committee as to when and how "democracy" and "social and economic rights' became unacceptable terms in a document meant to have global significance?

With pleasure.  This is why:

http://igfwatch.org/discussion-board/unesco-resists-jncs-attempt-to-turn-democracy-against-ordinary-internet-users

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2014/10/09/key_jmalcolm.txt

PGP fingerprint: FF13 C2E9 F9C3 DF54 7C4F EAC1 F675 AAE2 D2AB 2220
OTR fingerprint: 26EE FD85 3740 8228 9460 49A8 536F BCD2 536F A5BD

Learn how to encrypt your email with the Email Self Defense guide:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en