[governance] [bestbits] Remarks at UNESCO Closing Ceremony of "Connecting the Dots Conference"

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 16:50:02 EST 2015

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Jean-Christophe NOTHIAS I The Global
Journal <jc.nothias at theglobaljournal.net> wrote:
<snip>

> We need a democratic governance for a global common good, and we will enjoy
> a pluri-party dialogue. We need to break the ICANN jail (very not an open
> space, but a highly captured space).

Very true. However, ICANN is not captured by who you think it is captured by.

It is currently in the hands of the GAC. Who make their decisions with
no regard for international law, treaty or process.  So much for
"democratic" IG decision making.

--
Cheers,

McTim