[governance] [discuss] Net Neutrality in the next Internet

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Mon Mar 2 21:25:22 EST 2015

Why do you need cdns? Well, if you want to access say operating system
updates, your email,  sports scores etc at about the same speed in Bolivia
as people would be able to in whichever country the cdn was hosted.. That's
where cdns come in handy.

Ixp? So isps in your area can exchange local traffic and keep it local, so
mutually ensuring fast access for each other's customers to sites they
host. Save on expensive international bandwidth too.

As for why you need isps, I do hope you want to connect to the Internet.
You need an isp for that, you know.

Next question please?