[governance] The decentralization of the DNS system

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at internatif.org
Thu Jun 25 04:50:15 EDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 02:01:49AM -0300,
 willi uebelherr <willi.uebelherr at riseup.net> wrote
 a message of 185 lines which said:

> The existing system is trivial. We have one list and 13 mirrored
> Root Server. 12 in USA, 1 in Europe.

I discover that WIDE is in the US. And so is RIPE-NCC, apparently (or
Netnod?)

> Since some years, ICANN started to order Verisign to create more
> mirror servers in the different regions on our planet.

[Insert very loud laugh here]

> That we can get the IP address from any server on our planet, we
> need 192(193) IP-addresses for the ccTLD Root servers.

"ccTLD root servers"??? I stopped reading here. Please, if you want to
go down in technical details on the DNS, learn the DNS first.

This whole thread is a waste of time.