[governance] The decentralization of the DNS system

Jean-Christophe NOTHIAS I The Global Journal jc.nothias at theglobaljournal.net
Tue Jun 23 09:35:24 EDT 2015

Not sure to understand what kind of demonstration you are aiming at.

You dig the wrong place, and do not pay enough attention. Did I indicate that theglobaljournal.net was located at theglobaljournal.ngo (by Open-Root)? No. A domain name that was created back in 2010 with a .net and is up since then was not set - sadly- by using Open-Root. I regret it. To shift it in the future is a possibility. Thanks to your email, I'll think about it seriously.

I precisely indicated that all my computers and devices were sending their requests for resolving name to IP, not any longer to an ICANN affiliate but to Open-Root. I am very happy with that change, as Open-Root responds faster than my former ICANN resolver. Then, I invited anyone to do so by changing their DNS settings in their own device and computers. So maybe you are able to enter my personal settings and penetrate my computers to check that, and maybe prove to the entire world that I am some kind of a "liar" - please provide us the results of your kind investigation.

One additional information regarding the .ngo : it will be up and running - NGOs currently choosing their domain name (for free) with a .ngo in the Open Root - sometime in July. We are working hard on this as you can imagine. But now you can also dig + trace Open Root and tell everyone in the list if Louis Pouzin exists or if he and Open-Root are a fake.

So unless you wish to simply discredit any party at the conversation table, I am not sure what to think about that last email of yours.

Everyone will appreciate.

JC